Thursday 22 March 2012

Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

I believe my products kept to some codes and conventions as well as challenging some. The ways in which I kept to the codes and conventions was by keeping to the same layout as most of the professional magazines use. This was certain aspects such as a strapline somewhere on the page as well as a big, bold masthead that usually has part of a picture covering it. After using these codes and conventions I then developed on them by changing certain aspects such as the font and colour of the masthead to make it unique to my product. I challenged forms of convention in one way which was by having my earpiece as just a bit of text as I wanted the main focus to be on the main picture as well as the masthead to make it so that people will be drawn to the main parts of my product and not an earpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment